Come join an exceptional team that truly feels like family! For decades Herbst Veterinary Hospital has provided exceptional medicine and service to clients in and around Boerne, TX. Joining our team affords you an interesting, yet manageable caseload, a gorgeous state of the art facility built in 2020, and a passionate and experienced support staff. If that wasn’t enough, we are located in beautiful Boerne, TX, one of House Beautiful’s “Top 25 Happiest Small Towns in America.” We are nestled in the gorgeous Texas hill country and offer a small town lifestyle with a charming historic downtown, excellent restaurants, dozens of wineries and breweries within a short drive, amazing hiking and outdoor activities, highly-rated schools, and all within a short 30 minute drive to downtown San Antonio. It’s time for you to take this next step in your career and join us!
The Veterinarian is responsible for providing high quality care to our patients while also developing rapport with their owners. In addition to physical examinations, surgeries, and dentistry, client communication and client education are of the upmost importance. It’s important that SVP Veterinarians treat each pet and client like part of the family.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.